Hey there, readers! Are you planning to cancel your reservation for U-Haul mobile units? Do you think that you don’t need it anymore? Then, it’s the U-Haul reservation cancellation policy that you need to know about. There’s no denying that U-Haul leases one of the premium quality trucks and rental moving units all over the US. But sometimes twists and turns in the plans and other urgent requirements intervene in your scheduled moves. Isn’t it true? Reflecting on the matter, U-Haul brought in their Reservation Cancellation Policy. U-Haul formulated this policy to help their valued customers cancel their reservations anytime and to get their refund timely in five office working days.
In this blog post, we will explore the U-Haul’s Reservation Cancellation policy. We will look into the reserved mobile unit cancellation process. We will dive deep into U-Haul’s free cancellation and refund options and discover a lot more. So, are you ready to find all that? Let’s get started.
U-Haul’s Reservation Cancellation Policy
In this section, you will find all the answers to the questions about the reservation policy that are running in your mind. So, here we go!
Alright! Let’s get started with the cancellation window. So, there is a 24-hour timeframe before picking up the rental unit from U-Haul, within which no charges and reservation dues are paid. Think of it as a 24-hour period of leniency in which the reservation cancellation option is active without incurring any fees.
Now let’s get to the pressing question. So, how much and what exactly are the cancellation fees? The cancellation fee is a whooping and jaw-dropping amount of 50$. But fear not folks! Because it applies after 24 hours have passed from the scheduled pick-up time. So, if you suspect that you will end up cancelling your booking for the rental unit. Hurry up and cancel it right away! Your wallet will thank you for it.
Now here’s a moment of relief. U-Haul has introduced its Refund Policy which guarantees payback depending on the cancellation time. Let’s have a look at some crucial features of the refund policy one by one.
- Cancelling reservations of towing tools and heavy moving units before the scheduled pick-up time assures a full-fledged payback.
- In case you cancel your booking after the agreed-upon pick-up time slot, then you will be given a partial refund with a punishment of $50.
- Additionally, there are a few exceptions as well like the unit availability issues, weather problems, and equipment damage which warrant a full refund.
U-Haul’s Free Cancellation Option
This section will take you to the answer to the million-dollar question, what is U-Haul’s Free Cancellation Option? So, let’s dive in! Shall we?
Free Cancellation Period
We have already discussed the duration of the golden financial stress-free reservation cancellation period in this blog’s previous section. The Free Cancellation Period is applicable before the scheduled pick-up time within a 24-hour time frame. This free cancellation applies to all rental tools, moving units, and U-Box containers.
Conditions for Free Cancellation
Conditions like upgrading the reservation cancellation status on the U-Haul booking website before the scheduled pick-up time, Not picking up the unit or using it, and pertaining from violating the U-Haul framed agreements guarantees a free cancellation and a complete payback as a reward.
How to Cancel a U-Haul Reservation
Cancelling a U-Haul tool and rental reservation is a piece of cake. Don’t believe us? Go check it yourself!
Reservations cancellation can be made by phone call 1-800-GO-UHAUL or online through the U-Haul’s website https://www.uhaul.com/Truck-Rentals/ .
Want to explore the step-by-step booking cancellation process? Here’s how it can be done.
Cancelling reservation by U-Haul website:
- First thing first, you need to start by signing up with your U-Haul account on the official U-Haul booking and reservation website.
- Then look for the ‘’My Reservations” option on the screen. Tap on that option.
- When your reservation details are displayed on the screen, you will find an option for cancelling a reservation as “Cancel Reservation”.
- Review the instructions and refund policy details and confirm your cancellation. You can ask any questions from the U-Haul support online to make sure that your reservation has been cancelled.
Cancelling reservation by Phone:
- Dail 1-800-GO-UHAUL on the dialer and make a call.
- You will be asked for the reserved unit reservation number. So, provide the accurate one and make sure to double-check.
- Explain the reason for cancellation and request for cancellation.
- Finally, you will be reassured of your cancellation with the representative, and you are done.
Some important information that you need to have while cancelling the reservation includes:
- First and foremost, you should know the accurate U-Haul unit reservation number.
- U-Haul support will ask for your name, and you must provide your full name with accurate spellings.
- You must know the exact and accurate finalized pickup date and time.
- You should know the type and features of rental towing equipment or trucks for easy refund.
U-Haul Storage Unit Cancellations
Have you reserved a U-Haul storage unit and all of a sudden, your plans have changed? Or have you found a better moving unit package at a pocket-friendly cost? If you are stuck in this blind alley and see no way out, then don’t worry! Because the U-Haul Storage Unit Cancellation Process is more or less the same as it is done for the rest of the rental units.
Storage Unit Cancellation Process
Cancelling the reservation online:
- Online reservation cancellation is made by logging into your account on the U-Haul website.
- Then, you will find the storage button on the screen, click on that.
- Select the specific unit and tap on the “Cancel Rental” option.
- A few instructions will be displayed on the screen. Carefully follow all the instructions given and complete the cancellation process.
Cancelling the reservation on the phone:
- Cancelling a reservation on a phone call will require you to call U-Haul support at 1-800-GO-U-HAUL or if this doesn’t work then you can call 1-800-468-4285.
- Explain to the representative the reason for cancellation and confirm your cancellation before the storage unit’s agreed-upon pick-up date and time.
Storage Unit Cancellation Fees
Hmmm. Now you must be wondering about the cancellation fees and refund. Aren’t you? Well, fortunately, you will not have to pay a penny as cancellation fees for U-Haul storage units and if that’s not exciting enough then consider the next one. Any prepaid rental dues will be refunded in the 5 working weekdays. Lucky you! But before you go bananas, hold on there. Because we have some terrible news coming your way.
- You are obliged to pay all the rental fees till the cancellation date within the scheduled timeframe.
- The storage unit must be adequately cleaned before cancellation to save your finances from hefty cleaning fees.
- You will have to be a little extra careful with the return of storage unit keys to avoid unnecessary high lost key charges.
- Also, know that there will be no payback for prepaid rental services and units.
Understanding U-Haul’s Cancellation Policy
This section is exclusively designed to enhance your understanding of U-Haul’s Cancelation Policy. So, let’s look at all the important aspects of this policy.
The refunding process can be made smooth and simple by thorough negotiation between the renter and the U-Haul team. They will guide you through the exact and appropriate way of cancelling a reservation that accords with the U-Haul cancellation and refund policy. Contact U-Haul support through the website or the phone. Finally, you will receive a confirmation email ensuring that the cancellation process has been successfully completed. Note that refunding will be completed within 7-10 office working days.
Exceptions and Special Cases
There are a few exceptions and special cases according to the U-Haul Refund policy that guarantee a full payback. Such cases include severe weather, defaults in the rental equipment, unavailability of the towing tool or rental unit, and other conditions in which leashing a unit is not possible and reservation charges are paid in advance.
The U-Haul Refund Policy also applies to unforeseen turns of events like a mishap, or an emergency. To learn more about that contact U-Haul support right away.
Planning Ahead and Avoiding Cancellation
Making and cancelling a reservation is totally in the hands of the renter, therefore reservations should be made wisely, unhurriedly, and considering all aspects of your moves to shun the need for cancelling a reservation. Here are a few tricks and tips that work well in planning and making your moves successful and enjoyable. So, let’s look at them one by one.
- Secure in advance: First up, you’ll need to be careful with the reservations during the active and hectic moving periods like the summers. So, make sure that you make reservations in advance.
- Select the perfect size: Then comes the question of the selection of an accurate size unit. Make sure that you select the unit carefully and don’t hold back from getting a second opinion. Doing this will prevent your moves from being attacked by unnecessary hurdles.
- A practical and realistic timeframe: Here comes your duty of securing the reservations carefully for the exact date when your moves have been scheduled. This will save you from making sudden reservation cancellations.
- Have a Backup plan: Nobody can stand against the benefits of an alternative strategy. So, make sure that you have a plan B set aside, in case U-Haul had to cancel the reservation because of unit shortage.
Finally, if you find everything getting out of your hands, then know that the option of contacting skilled U-Haul customer support is always there. U-Haul customer service support has got your back 24/7. You can contact and avail their services at 1-800-GO-UHAUL (1-800-468-4285).
We humans often end up cancelling or postponing our plans based on our current needs. Thinking of that U-Haul has introduced its reservation cancellation policy. The most praiseworthy feature of this policy is that it is designed in a customer-centric way owing to its feature of cancellation windows. Besides, the online reservation cancellation process is made simple for the ease of the customers. Late reservation cancellation will push you to the verge of paying whooping cancellation charges. So, it is totally in your hands to save your hard-earned money. There are a few unique scenarios and exceptional conditions that ensure a complete refund like the unavailability of the unit and mechanical damages in the tool. Therefore, you must always have a backup plan. Finally, you should plan your moves carefully and double-check the reserved mobile unit size and date to avoid any sudden cancellations and ensure a hassle-free experience.
And that’s all for today’s blog post. We hope that you enjoy reading it till the end. Have you ever ended up cancelling a U-Haul booking? And if you did, then share your experience with us in the comment box. As always, we would love to hear from you.